Monday, September 27, 2004

Jeopardy And The Emmys

Here are just a couple of thoughts about events from recent weeks. First, I'd like to thank all of the "real" news outlets for spreading the details of how Jeopardy contestant Ken Jennings' run will finally come to an end. At least the internet news sites have the courtesy and good sense to note that spoilers are contained in their stories.

I'm surprised not to have seen more discussion of Tom Selleck's appearance at the Emmys a couple of weeks ago. He was greeted with wolf whistles from female fans to the extent that he wasn't even able to begin to read his text off the teleprompter. This normally wouldn't be a big deal, I'm sure Selleck is used to it by now. Except in this case, the cheers delayed his reading of the names of all those folks in the TV industry that had died in the last year. It was easily the highlight of the night for me. Mind you, I didn't watch the whole show, so I guess there could have been a more embarrassing moment…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home